Nolvadex in Australia
Nolvadex, officially known as Tamoxifen Citrate, is used in the treatment of breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body. It is used alongside other medications to treat other types of breast cancer. Other uses of Nolvadex include:
- In women who are at high risk for breast cancer by preventing the growth of tumors
- After surgery and radiation therapy to reduce the chances of developing breast cancer
How to use Nolvadex
Before you use Nolvadex, it is very important to read carefully the medication guide and follow instructions provided by the doctor or the pharmacist. It is also important for the patient to disclose to the doctor or pharmacist any medical condition he might have and also any medications they might be taking. As a rule, do not use Nolvadex if:
- The patient has an allergy to any ingredient in Nolvadex
- If the patient has a history of stroke and blood clots.
- If one is taking anticoagulants such as warfarin or taking anastrozole
Nolvadex should be taken orally with or without food. Water should be used to swallow the medication whole. The patient should not miss the doses and should be taken consistently at the prescribed time till the end of the prescription period.
The patient should strictly follow the doctor’s prescription. If the patient misses a dose, he should take it as soon as possible. Generally, the Nolvadex dosage is as indicated below.
- The recommended daily dose for patients with breast cancer is 20-40 mg
- For the reduction of breast cancer in high risk women, the recommended dose is 20 mg daily for 5 years
In case of an overdose, the patient should seek immediate medical attention. Signs of overdose are irregular heartbeat, fainting, shaking and unsteady walking
The side effects of Nolvadex include
- Hot flashes
- Bone pain or muscle pains
- Weight loss
- Lack of sexual interest
- Vaginal discharge
- It may lower the ability of the body to fight infections
In case of the following severe side effects, the patient must immediately consult the doctor or visit the nearest health facility
- Blurred vision
- Severe skin allergic reactions
- Difficulty in breathing or tightness of the chest
- Swelling of feet
- Bleeding or coughing of blood
- Missed or abnormal menstrual cycle
- Yellowing of the eyes
Buying Nolvadex in Australia
In Australia, Nolvadex is available at pharmacies but upon presentation of doctor’s prescription. Generic Nolvadex can be purchased online because the doctor’s prescription is not required. For the 10gm and 20gm generic Nolvadex, the average price per pill is AU$ 1 and AU$ 1.20 respectively. An example of an online pharmacy is Edonlinestores.net.