Generic Name: Clomiphene Citrate
How to Buy: Clomid must be prescribed by a doctor and taken under his or her care or you can buy Generic Clomid online.
Dosage is normally 50 mg one time a day for five days. Take exactly as directed! Do not take more or less in any situation that has not been approved by your doctor.
Prices may vary from pharmacy to pharmacy.
Clomid is a fertility drug that falls under a class of medications deemed ovulatory stimulants. Clomid is commonly prescribed to women who struggle getting pregnant due to anovulation.
Clomid triggers the brain to create and let loose an increased amount of hormones that stimulates the growth of the ovarian follicle. As a result, ovulation is initiated. About 70% of woman will ovulate when treated with this medication. Women under 35 may have rates of 20-25 percent per month. Success Rate: About 80% of woman who take Clomid will ovulate. Pregnancy is possible, but there is no guarantee.
There is very little evidence that a couple will become pregnant who have unexplained fertility.
- Stimulates ovulation
- Stimulates development of multiple eggs
- Regulates ovulation
- Unexplained miscarriages have been reported, but not confirmed.
- Not effective for polycystic ovaries alone.
- Rarely, Clomid is prescribed for male infertility, menstrual issues and fibrocystic breast ( lumps in breast) .
- Generic Clomid is taken by mouth for a week once a day beginning day five of the cycle – always follow the doctors prescribed regime.
- During your medication cycle, you should follow a regular healthy diet whilst avoiding alcohol as you should when taking any medication regime.
- Before taking this medication – Important:
- Inform doctor of allergies ( all ! )
- Inform doctor of other medications you are taking, including vitamins and natural remedies.
- Inform doctor of previous medical conditions and diseases
- Inform doctor of pregnancy and breast feeding
Side Effects: Upset stomach, breast tenderness, Water retention / bloating, mood swings, weight gain, shortness of breath, vomiting, headache and hot flashes. There are some less common side effects such as vaginal bleeding and changes in vision. Although not a side effect, an outcome of using this drug may result in giving birth to twins. Long term use can increase the risk of ovarian cancer.
In the instance of severe side effects, call 911 and or your local poison control center in your area immediately,
If you miss a dose, take as soon as you remember.
Store out of the reach of children in a close container. Store away from heat and out of moist places. This medication should not be stored in the bathroom as the steam from the shower can harm the medication. To dispose of this or any other medication, ask your doctor.